Golfers, from amateur to pro, take golf seriously. They are serious about their playing surface, favoring artificial grass putting greens for look, feel and performance. When it comes to putting greens and golf greens, synthetic grass wins over natural. Minimal maintenance, year-round play and consistent ball rolls make a serious golfer a happy golfer.
We must remember that golf is a game (and, of course, a sport) and because a game should be fun, it shouldn’t always be so serious. So, to lighten up the serious golfer, here is some fun golf trivia to help loosen you up before you whack that ball:
- There are more than 28 million golfers in the U.S. alone.
- The average golfer spends more than $3,000 a year on golf.
- There are more than 18,000 golf facilities in the U.S.
- Phil Mickelson plays left-handed even though he is right-handed.
- Tiger Woods got his first ace at eight years old.
- The possibility of making two holes-in-one in a round of golf are one in 67 million.
- Balls travel much farther on hot days.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
- The original golf balls were made of tightly packed feathers covered in thin leather.
- Golf is the only sport that was played on the moon – by astronaut Alan Shepard in 1971.
Golf, unless you’re a pro, should be fun and not work. Artificial putting greens and golf greens take the work out of the game. With little to no upkeep and time saved commuting, if you’re lucky enough to have an artificial putting green in your backyard, you’ll be enjoying your free time just playing. Now that’s the real deal!
Southwest Greens of New York will give you a free quote so that you can get in on the fun too. Just contact us at 973-696-3016.