GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Because of its many environmental benefits, synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Discover more about how the benefits surpass natural grass.
- Reserves millions of gallons of water each year
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Provides support to the U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- WE CREDIT 1.1: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: REDUCE BY 50% (1 POINT)
- WE CREDIT 1.2: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: NO POTABLE WATER USE OR NO IRRIGATION (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO WE CREDIT 1.1)
MATERIALS & RESOURCES
- MR CREDIT 5.1: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 10% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT)
- MR CREDIT 5.2: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 20% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO MR CREDIT 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Resident landscape irrigation is projected to end up using nearly 9 billion gallons of water every day.
In particular regions, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Metro New York private residences' water consumption. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water each year is consumed to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot job, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons every year, or up to $350 off the water bill, on its own. Our residential synthetic turf products are warrantied for 15 years, so during the entire life of the lawn, our customers save approximately $5,250 in water cost.
The normal cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential spaces in Metro New York is $0.20 square foot every year. For a 1,000 sq ft project, that leads to savings of $200 annually, or $3000 over the life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, typically, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were generated every year, the third-largest part of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The normal resident spends 150 hours each year maintaining the lawn. Artificial turf eliminates that requirement.